It was sad where someone that stay close to us had being apart. I took a day of compassionate leave for the funeral ceremony on Tuesday. When I saw my aunt and cousins, I can understand that they are very sad and so do us. I keep telling myself not to cry where I know if I cry, more of us will cry. During the ritual, I saw my cousins' children crying badly there calling "Ahgong.. Ahgong..", I can understand how much they miss my uncle. It wasn't easy to let go him. Even when my uncle's coffin going to send for burning, my aunt refuse to let go. She insists want to send him to the end of the road. For Chinese Tradition, wife is not allow to send her husband to the cemetery as the rules said if wife go to cemetery with her husband, she will go with him(die). On the way to the cemetery at Kepong, my tears keep falling down through my face. I can't stop myself anymore so do others relative. The worst stage is looking at the coffin being push into the stage of burning. Everyone of us will never willing to reach this part. The moment that we not willing to go through. It was the part that I never ever forget. It was the time that you will know, this is reality. My uncle really had left us but he always stay with us in our heart. Suddenly my great-grandmother come across my mind who had passed away during my Standard Six but I still remember her face and her smile. Never will I forgot the time that we being together.
We shall appreciate the time with the people around us. Don't ever make yourself have the chance to regret when you lost them.
** NO TURNING BACK! **
No comments:
Post a Comment